Related SpecialtiesPain Management Chiropractic Acupuncture Holistic Medicine Otolaryngology (ENT) Psychology
HP Newsletter Signup
Seminar and Registration
15th Annual Workers' Compensation & Employer Seminar
Date: May 16, 2013
Registration: 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Seminar: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Anaheim Hilton, 777 Convention Way, Anaheim, CA 92802
Registration is now closed. Thank you for atending and see you next year!
Download the 2013 Agenda
Current Seminar Topics Include
- Current Evaluation and Treatment of Occupational Injuries
- Prevention of Occupational Injuries
- New Concepts in Pain Management
- Cosmetic Laser and Industrial Care
- Advanced Orthopedic Approaches
- New Laws, SB 863 and ACOEM Guidelines
- Obesity/Wellness in the Workplace
- Ear, Nose and Throat Issues
- Approaches to Psych Claims
- Handouts for Employers and Claims Examiners
- No Headache Guide, 5th Edition
- Pain Management Brochure
- Cardiac Issues in the Workplace
- Hearing Disorders
Continuing Education Credit Available
California BRN Provider #12562
We are pleased to inform you that the 15th Annual Workers’ Compensation and Employer Seminar is approved for 6 CE hours for CRC, CMC, CDMS, WCCP and Continuing Education (CE) for Claims Examiners.
No charge for course or lunch to attendees.
Hours will be prorated if you leave early.
1. At the completion of this course, attendees will have gained further knowledge in the anatomy, diagnosis, and treatment of the following (as each relates to workers' compensation injuries, RN case managers, insurance adjusters, and the employers):
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Ganglion Cysts (the causes)
- Shoulder Impingement & Rotator Cuff Tears
- Knee Arthroscopy & Ligament Reconstruction
2. Attendees will receive a handout on the general approach & length of treatment for common orthopedic and industrial injuries, as well as indications on ordering EMG's, MRI's, and other diagnostic studies.
In addition, the handouts will include a quick reference guide for the conditions listed above: A No Headache Guide to Industrial and Workers' Compensation Injuries.
3. Attendees will become familiar with techniques in arthroscopy, and have an opportunity to visualize what the surgery entails.
4. Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss difficult cases with the Physician and Attorney staff, focusing on issues such as:
- Risk management
- Treatment techniques
- SB 863
5. Pain Management Session: A show and tell designed to let the attendee visualize what the actual pain stimulator and morphine pump look like. Utilizing models and brochures, techniques will be explained and shown one-on-one as well as in group sessions.
In addition, the needle technique of Epidurals and Facet Blocks will also be presented.
Take a look at this year's agenda and reserve your spot (registration is closed for 2013). Space is limited and early registration is suggested
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us or call (714) 367-5032 for more information.